How to Deploy Oracle for Windows
This is a VERY brief instruction on how to deploy Oracle for Windows to a bare Windows 2008 server.
- Download and the attached file
- Copy the database directory from the Oracle DVD to a directory on a server.
- Modify db_install.rsp to your liking.
- Copy db_install.rsp to the database/response directory overwriting the existing one.
- Copy Install_Oracle.bat to the database directory.
- Create a Custom Software containing the database directory and Install_Oracle.bat as install command.
- Deploy and be happy ever after.
An export of a Custom Software is included in this ZIP file.
NOTE: The supplied db_install.rsp file that is supplied by Oracle has syntax errors. Please see the thread here for the values that need to be modified. I have attached a working one for reference.
Using the example above you can create a Client install as well by performing the following;
1. Download the Oracle 11g R2 Client
2. Extract the zip file
3. Modify the client_install.rsp file located in the Client\response folder with parameters that fit your environment. Example file attached.
4. Modify the Install_Oracle.bat and point the responseFile to the path of the client_install.rsp file
i.e. "%EXECPATH%setup.exe" -waitforcompletion -nowait -silent -responseFile "%EXECPATH%response\client_install.rsp"
5. Create a Custom Software containing the client directory and Install_Oracle.bat as install command: