BMC Bladelogic Client Automation meets the needs of rapidly changing, complex IT environments. BladeLogic Client Automation is designed to allow IT operations staff to cost-effectively and securely update, patch, manage and maintain desktops, laptops and handheld devices across the entire enterprise.
- Security Threats: The rise of malicious virus attacks and security breaches place organizations at risk of potentially devastating business losses, reduced employee productivity, and network downtime. These risks make it critical for enterprises to detect rapidly vulnerabilities and deploy the updates necessary to protect their systems. As attention to these security risks has increased, software vendors have increased the number of patches they issue to address security vulnerabilities and the frequency with which they issue them. Manually applying these patches and fixes is time consuming, costly, and inefficient. Enterprises need a solution that allows them to identify quickly missing patches and automatically deliver critical patches and fixes to thousands of endpoints.
- Software management: Applications are essential to every aspect of business. IT organizations are coming under increasing pressure to make sure that business-critical applications are up to date and available. Desktops and laptops vary with regards to bandwidth and network connectivity – from fast direct connections to the company network to intermittent dial-up connections from outside the company. Enterprises need a solution that addresses these issues by automating application management across the enterprise, improving service levels, and reducing business risks through reliable application delivery.
- Reduce business risk through deployment of software updates and Windows service packs through an efficient, reliable, secure infrastructure that offers extremely high first-time hit rates for delivery.
- Ensure license compliance for both physical and virtual software assets and reduce overall software license costs. Also compliance reporting reduces IT costs.
- Extensive reporting capabilities allow administrators to extend the visibility of client assets into the business and provide insight into total cost of ownership for desktop and mobile devices.
- Automatic discovery of all desktop, laptop and mobile devices – hardware, software, patches, and service packs – provides accurate inventory to Asset Managers. Extensive software title discovery lowers software costs
- Sophisticated patch management encompassing OS, application, service packs and custom patches enforce continuous compliance and helps to mitigate potential risk. Also reduces administrative costs and improve service levels by defining and enforcing continual compliance with policies.
- Policy-based management lowers costs and improves quality of service .Also the Policy-based management for software applications, security patches and configurations through a single, web-based interface ensures continual compliance enforcement.
BladeLogic Client Automation provides minimal infrastructure investment because of its unique client-centric architecture reduces hardware costs and greatly increases number of managed clients per infrastructure component. Thus it provides the lowest Total cost of ownership & fastest return of investment