Please feel free to update this document as you see fit.
When the inventory information (scans) is not showing up in reports to the following:
- Make sure the Inventory Service plugin is configured and enabled. (At the correct Inventory Service URL; The system does allow multiple Inventory Service channels/plugins)
- Check the Inventory Service plugin logs
- Check the Inventory Service plugin stage/cache directories. If the plugin gets behind inserting/updating the scan data it will write the endpoint scans into individual files for later insertion. Same method happens if the plugin fails to insert/update the database (db could be down, scan data is corrupt or contains information that causes a contraint exception).
- Make sure other endpoints are successfully inserting/updating
- Check for the invtree file being created on the endpoint.
- Look through the invtree file on the endpoint to make sure the data being capture is being written out properly. (use same procedure to look for possible missing data)
- Check the Inventory Service channel on the endpoint (make sure it's URL matches the URL in #1)
- Make sure the endpoint can communicate to the transmitter via the endpoint's tuner (proxies, firewalls/rules and Anti-Virus changes have been known to cause issues; isolate and reconfigure)
- Manually start the Inventory Service channel on the endpoint. The channel should start, update and run scan.
- Check the Inventory Service channel logs on the endpoint; should see "scan successfully sent"