On Facebook or Linkedin, is your profile updated ?
Probably, because it fosters more interactions, with friends or Facebook, and colleagues, ex-workmates or head hunters on Linkedin
The same applies to BMC Communities: if your profile is completed and updated...
- you'll have more people interacting with you to help out (often following you, making you far more influential)
- your skills will be visible for the whole community, fostering more Business
- Name: include your full name, first name would have too many duplicates
- Company name: important for advanced permissions (no worry, you can tweak privacy settings afterwards)
- Upload a Picture: enables far more friendly interactions, and makes sure you can easily F2F with people in the next local or WW User Event
- Pick an Avatar: set the tone for interactions
- Job Role and Job Title: set expectations on your needs
- Country: helps to know your timezone
- Role: important for advanced permissions (no worry, you can tweak privacy settings afterwards)
- URL: drive traffic to your Linkedin account or Blog
- Twitter ID: how to find you on Twitter (share your handle, tips here)
- Biography: Free text, many users describe the Products and version they use (tech context). I've used it to summarize interests, and add my Skype ID
How to Edit my profile ? What about Privacy and stuff ?
Once logged it, click on your name, near the Welcome message. Then pick the first item in the Actions panel
When you edit your profile, you can also select privacy for most fields.