This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
Track-It! 2020 R2
Track-It! 2020 R2
How to Migrate or Upgrade from Track-It! 11.4 to Track-It! 2020.02 (R2)?
- Read what's new in Track-It! 2020
- Make sure that all Track-It! 11.4 features that you need are available in Track-It! 2020 using Track-It! 11.4 vs. Track-It! 20xx.
- Determine if it is best for you to migrate data from Track-It! 11.4 or to start afresh with Track-It! 2020. For more information, see Starting fresh.
- Watch the Overview of the installation process video.
- Log in as an Administrator to verify that Track-It! 2020 is operational.
- Make sure that you have read and understood all Migration Tool considerations and prerequisites.
- Install the Migration Tool on Track-It! 11.4 system.
- Run the Migration Tool preferably using Option 1 > Step 1 - Full Data Import to Migrate all the Data. For more information see Running the Migration Tool, Data import options, Data that you can migrate and Data that is not migrated.
- Go to Videos for system administrator and watch videos #2 through #18.
- Log in to Track-It! 2020 as an Administrator and make sure that data is migrated correctly.
- Configure Directory Importer, Email Monitor, Business Rules, Windows Authentication, Asset Management and so on.
- Log in to the Track-It! 2020 system to verify that it is working correctly. For more information, see Logging in to and logging out of Track-It!.
- Make sure that technicians and users have learned about Track-It! 2020 by watching the Training videos.
- Run the Migration Tool again. In the data configuration dialog box, select Option 1 > Step 2 - Module Data Refresh to migrate new data that was created after the initial migration in step 3.
- Each time you run the Migration Tool with this setting, it purges all the previously migrated data and reimports the data along with any new or changed data. For more information, see Migration Tool considerations and prerequisites and Data import options. For information about data that is and is not migrated, see Data that you can migrate and Data that is not migrated.
- Log in to Track-It! 2020 and make sure that all migrated data (for example, new tickets) is correct.
- Go live with Track-It! 2020. Start using the new Track-It! 2020 system and stop using the Track-It! 11.4 system. Make sure that all technicians and requestors are no longer using Track-It! 11.4.
Please refer the following link on our Docs which has more detailed information as per each above mentioned step:
Upgrading from Track-It! 11.4 to Track-It! 2020
The following links shall be helpful as well for detailed information around the Migration procedure:
Track-It! 11.4 vs. Track-It! 20xx
Migration Tool considerations and prerequisities
Data that you can migrate
Data that is not migrated
Installing the Migration Tool
Data import options
Running the Migration Tool
The following BMC sites are external to this portal and provide information that you might find helpful: