This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
Remedy AR System Server
Remedy AR, CMDB, SRM all versions
Adobe announced the end of development and distribution of Adobe Flash Player by the end of the year 2020. BMC has taken incremental & proactive steps over the recent releases (version 9.1.04 onward) to manage the deprecation of the Flash-based capabilities in the Remedy IT Service Management Suite (Remedy ITSM Suite). BMC has also been providing alternative solution capabilities for the majority of areas where Flash was used in the past. For more information, see Adobe Flash in Remedy in the Remedy IT Service Management version 20.02 documentation.
BMC's recommendation is to plan and prepare to upgrade the platform to 20.02 patch 1 in time to avoid any problems as a result of the Adobe Flash retirement at the end of the year.
Please go through this blog for more details :
Below are frequently asked questions around this topic :
1. Which components will be affected after Flash removal on browsers?
- CMDB Console (Flex UI)
- SRM - Process Designer & Visualizer
- Approval Process Visualizer
- Atrium Explorer integrations in Remedy Mid Tier (IT Service Management UI)
2. What actions needs to be taken?
- If you are using the Remedy on-premise software, BMC plans to deliver complete replacement capabilities for these remaining Flash-based capabilities via a version 20.02 patch 1 release for the Remedy platform components (Remedy AR System, CMDB, and Atrium Integrator). 20.08, which is our Helix release, will also contain the same changes.
- You will need to install 20.02 Patch 1 to replace all Flash-based capabilities listed above.
3. Do we have to upgrade ITSM to replace Flash-based capabilities for all components?
- No, Remedy AR system 20.02 is backward compatible with the previous versions of the ITSM Application.
- So it is not mandatory or necessary to upgrade the ITSM application along with the platform.
- You can choose to upgrade based on the Flash based capabilities in use.
Scenario 1: If you are looking to replace Flash-based capabilities of SRM Process Designer and Visualizer and the Approval Process Visualizer and Flash based features available in Atrium UI you can choose to upgrade only Mid-tier to 20.02 patch 01.
Scenario 2: If you are looking to replace flash based capabilities with Atrium UI in that case you need to upgrade the Remedy platform (Remedy AR System Server, Remedy Mid-tier, CMDB, and Atrium Integrator) to 20.02 and then deploy patch 1 in order to leverage the alternative solution capabilities provided for Flash.
As a best practice It is always recommended to have all Remedy components on same version.
4. What will happen If I upgrade browser but don't upgrade Remedy to 20.02 Patch 1?
- The browser will stop supporting Flash content & you will not be able to access components which uses Flash.
5. Can we install 20.02 Patch 1 on any version?
- If you are on any older version of AR, CMDB or AI then you will need to upgrade to 20.02, then you can apply Patch 1.
6. When will Patch 1 for 20.02 be available ?
- 20.02 Patch 1 is planned to be made available for download from the BMC Electronic Product Distribution (EPD) site by the end of August 2020.