This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
BMC Helix Remedyforce Service Desk
How to Add Custom Fields to the General Tab in the Remedyforce CMDB?
See below the steps for adding custom fields in General tab in Remedyforce CMDB 2.0.
To add a custom fields in the General tab, the field must be created in the Base Element object and then add the field to the Base Element Field set.
1. Navigate to Setup | Create | Objects.
2. In the Label column, click Base Element.
3. In the Custom Fields & Relationships section, click New.
4. Select the data type of the field that you want to add, and click Next.
5. In the Field Label field, enter the field name and fill in other required details.
6. Click Next.
7. As per the service desk requirements, select the Visible or Read-Only check boxes for the required profiles, and click Next.
8. Click Save.
9. On the Custom Object Base Element page, navigate to the Field Sets section | Click "edit" on the Base Element Field Set.
10. Drag the field that you have added to the In the Field Set list, and click Save.
11. Verify the new custom field is visible in the General tab of the CMDB form.