This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
BMC Helix Remedyforce Service Desk
Helix Remedyforce Winter 20
- From Setup, search for Certificate and Key Management in the Quick Find box.
- Select Create Self-Signed Certificate.
- Enter a descriptive label for the Salesforce certificate.
This name is used primarily by administrators when viewing certificates.
- Enter a unique name. You can use the name that’s automatically populated based on the certificate label you enter.
This name can contain only underscores and alphanumeric characters, and must be unique in your org. It must begin with a letter, not include spaces, not end with an underscore, and not contain two consecutive underscores. Use the unique name when referring to the certificate using the Lightning Platform web services API or Apex.
- Select a key size for your generated certificate and keys.
Certificates with 2048-bit keys last one year and are faster than certificates with 4096-bit keys. Certificates with 4096-bit keys last two years.
NOTE After you save a Salesforce certificate, you can’t change its type or key size.
Downloaded self-signed certificates have .crt extensions.
- After you successfully save a Salesforce certificate, the certificate and corresponding keys are automatically generated.
- You can have a maximum of 50 certificates.
NOTE Some business processes require more certificates than others. If you require more than 50 certificates, contact Salesforce Customer Support.