This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
BMC Helix Remedyforce Service Desk
User Unable to Login to Sites Gets an Error " Connection time out ".
- Use any other Public DNS(eg: 220.127.116.11 OR 18.104.22.168)
- Revert to your ISP's default DNS server (if it is different than 22.214.171.124 OR 126.96.36.199)
If issue is still persisting after this, please flush DNS cache and browser cache.
For instruction for all browsers and Internet Explorer:
Open Command Prompt and type in: ipconfig /flushdns
go to chrome://net-internals/#dns and press the "Clear host cache" button
1. Open a new tab
2. Enter the address: about:config
3. You should be greeted with a warning page.
4. Click on “I accept the risk!”
5. In the search bar, search for “network.dnsCacheExpiration”
6. Two results should be returned on your screen, namely network.dnsCacheExpiration and network.dnsCacheExpirationGracePeriod with the values set as 60.
7. Now, double-click on the value part where it says 60, and set it to 0.
8. Once done for both, again reset both of the values back to 60.
If you do not have these variables, don’t worry, just create two new integer variables with the same names and set the values to 60, which is the default and follow the above instructions.
9. Verify the issue is resolved.
1. Click Command+,
2. Go the Advanced section
3. Mark the option which says “Show Develop menu in menu bar”
4. Go to Develop. Click on “Empty Caches”
A check of both 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206 addresses show they are Google Public DNS IP addresses.
Salesforce do see from their Trust general message about the incident (https://status.salesforce.com/generalmessages/510) that there don't appear to be any more reported cases, which would lead Salesforce to believe that Google is aware of the issue and is working to resolve it from their end. As the issue doesn't originate from Salesforce architecture, Salesforce would not be able to resolve the issue from their end, though there is currently a work-around so that Salesforce can continue to provide you the best service possible.
For more details,check this Salesforce doc: