This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
While trying to stop the Tomcat-Server a SEVERE error occurs:
SEVERE: The web application [/arsys] appears to have started a thread named [memo] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.
SEVERE: The web application [/arsys] appears to have started a thread named [com.remedy.arsys.share.DiskCacheManager@9c9690f] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.
Midtier version is 9.1 SP2
We can increase the initial & maximum memory pool.
- Go to C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat7\bin\
- Double click on tomcat7w.exe
- Go to the JAVA Tab
- Increase the value like below and restart tomcat service
- Edit /apache/tomcat7/bin/setenv.sh
- Update values as follows
- Restart the tomcat service for the change to take effect