This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
TrueSight Capacity Optimization
TrueSight Capacity Optimization 11.5, 11.3.01, 11.0 TrueSight Presentation Server 11.3.x, 11.0 TrueSight Capacity Agent and TrueSight OM agent
Which Server's should be shown in Server View on TSPS
What is the scope of this View with TSOM agent and Capacity Agent
Defect DRCOZ-17258 : Servers View-shows LPARS even the partitions instrumented shows false in AIX power VM
(1) By design, 'Servers View' in TSCO is expected to display metrics for the following two categories of systems
(a) All standalone servers (type: generic) for which inside OS data is available
(b) All Virtualized servers for which inside OS data is available
(2) For data imported by TSOM ETL, systems with the following system types will be displayed in the servers view
(a) Generic (Standalone system, data from virtualized servers from any virtualization technology where inside OS data is collected)
(b) Virtual Machine - AIX SPLPAR/LPAR/VIOLPAR (if LPAR_INSTRUMENTED = true) (AIX Power VM virtualization technology)
(c) Virtual Machine - Solaris LDOM/DSD (Oracle Solaris Virtualization technology)
(3) if 2(b) is not working correctly in the product, verify data is being imported properly, otherwise the Defect DRCOZ-17258 might be involved.
A fix for this defect is already available.
- Capacity Optimization version 11.0.0 needs to be updated to at least CHF21
- Capacity Optimization version 11.3.01 needs to be updated to at least CHF4
For additional information on how to obtain the latest TSCO CHF see:
000097159: Cumulative Hot Fixes for TrueSight Capacity Optimization (CO), CO Gateway Server, and CO Agent, and CO Perceiver (https://bmcsites.force.com/casemgmt/sc_KnowledgeArticle?sfdcid=000097159)