This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
BMC Client Management
All BCM Versions
The rollout is stuck in Update Sent status and not generating a new rollout package.
Logs from the rollout server show below errors.
2020/04/02 00:23:35 AsynchronousActions ERR  local call of action RolloutAssign (Assignment 'Update' of 'Rollout' with name '<RolloutName') with id 1 failed
2020/04/02 00:23:35 AsynchronousActions ERR  call of action RolloutAssign (Assignment 'Update' of 'Rollout' with name 'RolloutName') with id 1 discarded: local call failed
The rollout module is not loaded on the rollout server
Please load the Rollout module on the rollout server and generate a new rollout package.
Steps to load the rollout module
- Locate the device which is your rollout server under Device Topology or using global search option
- Expand device >> Agent Configuration >> Module Configuration >> Configuration tab
- Right click anywhere under configuration and click on 'Load Modules' or use Load Modules icon from the toolbar.
- The 'Rollout' module should be listed in the available list of modules
- Select it and click OK
- Go to rollouts >> Expand Servers >> Expand the rollout Server >> Select the Rollout which is stuck in 'Update Sent' status
- Right click on the status and click 'Generate Rollout Package'
- Wait for the package to be re-generated
- The status will change from Update Sent to Available in this sequence (Package Requested >> Verified >> Available).