This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
Remedy with Smart IT
Remedy with Smart IT
all SmartIT version onward 18.05
How to add complete custom selection field in SmartIT and add it as column in Ticket Console
- Login to developer studio
- Open form "HPD Help Desk" and create a form and view overlay.
- Create one custom select field “TypeCustom” on HPD:Help Desk form
Login to ITSM with Admin user:
- Open form SHR:Union_DataSource_Fields and create one record like below screen shot (set 'Union Field Data Type' = 6)
2. Open form SHR:Union_DataSource_FieldMappings and create a record like below, this is to create a mapping for field created in above step with field on HPD:Help Desk :
3. Open form SHR:Union_ConfigurationConsole and select Source form as HPD:Help Desk and custom field “TypeCustom” should now be available in “Union Fields/Columns” table and “Source Field to Union Field Mappings” Table. Refer below screen shot
4. Select checkbox Bypass Enum Value Conversion to Yes and Click on Button “Build/Rebuild Database Union Structure”
5. It should generate confirmation Note’s like following, confirming processing done:
6. Go to developer studio and create overlay of form form SMT:UnionSmartIT_TicketConsole and add field “TypeCustom" by copy paste field from HPD:Help Desk form and add it in all the available views on SMT:UnionSmartIT_TicketConsole form, then save the form.
NOTE: Make sure Highlighted in Yellow in below screen shot should match to "Union Field Name" as on "SHR:Union_DataSource_Fields" form.
7. Go to ITSM and open form “SHR:Union_ConfigurationConsole”
8. Un-check(DO NOT select) option Bypass Enum Value Conversion to Yes and Click on Button “Build/Rebuild Database Union Structure
9. Login to Smart IT and go to screen configuration and “Refresh metadata” for Incident view screen.
10. Click “Refresh server cache” button on Screen configuration page
11. Go to Ticket Console
12. Click the menu that appears below the ticket counts (vertical Three Dots neas 'Save as Preset' button) to display the Change and Order Columns panel.
13. The newly added column “TypeCustom” should appear in the Available Columns section.