This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
BMC Client Management
Any version of BMC Client Management (BCM)
How do I synchronize devices from the Active Directory?
How do I populate devices in BCM from computers that are members of an OU in my Active Directory?
1- Create a directory server
If no directory server has been set in this environment then follow this KA: Client Management: How to create a directory server.
2- Set the ldap connector
- Go to the Device Groups node in the BCM Console
- Right Click on the node "Device Groups" then select "Create new device group"
- Select the Device Group then go to the sub-node "Dynamic Population" then to "Directory Server"
- Right click and select "Assign Server"
- Select the desired OU to synchronize
Note: If relevant, it is recommended to synchronize all OUs at once because it will be easier to set the synchronizations, keep track of where the ldap connectors are set etc.