This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
BMC Client Management
Any version of BMC Client Management (BCM)
I want the specific user accounts from my active directory to be able to log in the BCM console with the same login and password.
How do I synchronize administrators from the Active Directory?
1- Create a directory server
If no directory server has been set in this environment then follow this Knowledge Article (KA): Client Management: How to create a directory server.
2- Select The relevant OU
Create or reuse an OU containing only the administrators that should be synchronized in BCM
3- Create a new administrator group
- Go to Global Settings > Administrator Groups
- Right click and select "Create a new Administrator Group"
- Select the new Administrator group then go to the sub-node Dynamic population > Directory server
- Right click on the right pane and select "Assign server":
- Select the OU containing the administrators
- Click OK
The Administrator Group is now populated with the administrators from that OU. The next step is most likely to set rights to these accounts in the BCM console: Client Management: How to set up an administrator security profile in BCM Console.