This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
Fast Path Recovery Utility
The ASM step of in-stream procedure IDOPTS2 completes w/ RC=0008 when attempting to reassemble and relink IMS release dependent modules TSSAFR1A - F and TSSAFR7 - 9 using JCL generated by BMC's Installation System (OZI) for job $830DOPT to install version 7.01.00.02 (RSL2004) of the Fast Path Recovery Utility (FRU). Output from this job step includes:
** ASMA057E Undefined operation code - $BMCCHG
The module being assembled using OZI generated $830DOPT JCL references macro $BMCCHG, which is not found in any library allocated to the SYSLIB DD of the ASM step in the JCL that invokes in-stream procedure IDOPTS2.
One of the following three options may be used to resolve this issue:
- Obtain and implement PTF BQQ4730 for FRU version 7.1 (available via BMC's eFix PTF Distribution Services and Internet Service Retrieval beginning 3/27/2020); refresh the appropriate run-time libraries, if applicable; then resubmit the $830DOPT JCL previously generated by OZI.
- Obtain and implement APAR BCQ6871 for FRU version 7.1; refresh the appropriate run-time libraries, if applicable; then resubmit the $830DOPT JCL previously generated by OZI. Sample JCL to obtain BCQ6871 from BMC's server is included in the text file attached to this Knowledge Article. (Note: PTF BQQ4730 supersedes BCQ6871 and is included in product maintenance released as part of RSL2007.)
- Manually comment out references to the $BMCCHG macro in members TSSAFR1A - F and TSSAFR7 - 9 within your run-time ASM library by putting an asterisk (*) in column 1 wherever this macro appears in these modules. (So " $BMCCHG " becomes "*$BMCCHG ".) Then, resubmit the $830DOPT JCL previously generated by OZI.
- //FRUFR1 EXEC IDOPTS2,OBJSET=&FR1
- //ASM.SYSIN DD DISP=SHR,
- // DSN=&DVRTEHLQ..BMCASM(TSSAFR1F)
- //ASM.SYSLIB DD DISP=SHR,DSN=&DVRTEHLQ..BMCMAC
- // DD DISP=SHR,DSN=&DVRTEHLQ..BMCASM <== run-time ASM library
- // DD DISP=SHR,DSN=&DVDIMCL2
- // DD DISP=SHR,DSN=&DVDISDFS
- // DD DISP=SHR,DSN=&DVDIMCLB