This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
TrueSight App Visibility Manager Server
App Visibility Portal
High Availability Application Visibility Portal - All Versions High Availability Application Visibility Collector - All Versions
When the standby High Availability (HA) Application Visibility Manger Portal or Collector are started, they make a connection to the active component and start to copy over the active database. If at any point in time during this copy, the standby Component or Standby PostGres Database are stopped, then the copy will not complete and the database will become corrupted. At this point, the standby Portal/Collector will not start up properly.
Reinstall the standby Application Visibility Manager Portal/Collector. This will force the component to have a blank copy of the database and allow the component to start. The component will then connect back to the active component and start the copying the active database. Do not stop any of the components during this period. Below are the steps to follow to confirm that the stand by component comes back successfully:
1. Reinstall the standby Portal/Collector and allow the installer to start the component.
NOTE - The FQDN's for all components are case sensitive.
2. To confirm that the standby Portal/Collector started successfully, review the Portal.log/Collector.log for the following lines:
- Starting to copy primary node data dir
- Primary node data dir copied successfully
- Configured database server as [HA_STANDBY]
3. Once the line "Configured database server as [HA_STANDBY]" appears, this means that the standby Portal/Collector is running and the database has successfully copied over. If this line appears in the standby Portal.log/Collector.log:
- Configured database server as [HA_ACTIVE]