This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
BMC Helix Remedyforce Service Desk
BMC Helix Remedyforce How to Create a Lightning App
How to Create a Lightning App:
1. From Lightning, click the Setup gear icon and then select Setup Home.
2. In Quick Find, type App. From the search results, click App Manager.
3. Click New Lightning App and enter a name for your app and provide the description. For example, Remedyforce Lightning.
4. Upload an image of your choice (For example, your company logo) and set the Primary Color Hex Value (for example, your company’s primary color) and click Next.
5. Click Next
6. Select the tabs you want to make available. The Tab accessibility can be managed at the Profile or Permission Set Level.
7. Click Next.
8. Assign the profiles that should have access to this app. For example, ServiceDesk System Administrator, ServiceDesk Staff, and ServiceDesk Change Manager.
9. The app that works in the Salesforce Lightning Experience is now ready with your logo and color scheme.
NOTE: BMC recommends that you test the above procedure under various profiles. For example: typically for the staff member, the Remedyforce Administration tab is set to Hidden. Verify this after you create the Lightning app and then make it available to your staff members