This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
BMC Capacity Management for Mainframes
BMC Performance Predictor for Mainframes
What are the steps to change an existing Predictor Manual Data Populate from Add/Overwrite mode to Merge Mode and what is the difference between the two modes?
Once data is on your Performance Predictor system, you can
- Populate baseline files into the console namespace using the Add/Overwrite option. If the files contain new data, it is added to the namespace; if they contain data for intervals already stored in the namespace, it overwrites that data.
- Populate baseline files using the Merge data operation. This operation merges separate baseline files for the same date/timestamp interval that were derived from multiple UIE hosts into a single model using MDP.
Perform the follow steps to change the Operation mode in a Predictor Manual Data Population.
1. Navigate to the Predictor Program directory and double click on the NSPopulate executable to open the Manual Data Population utility.
2. Open the appropriate .mdp configuration file. Add/Overwrite mode is the default Operation mode.
3. If Add/Overwrite mode is set the you will see the following in the .mdp file.
4. If Merge Data mode is set you will see the following in the .mdp file.
5. To change the operation mode to Merge data mode just click the Merge data radio button and then the Save button.
6. If the MDP is scheduled in Task Scheduler the scheduled entry does not need to be updated.