This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
BMC Helix Remedyforce Service Desk
Self Service 3.0
When client user tries to submit Knowledge Article comments/feedback for article rating 'Needs Update' an error is generated.
BMCServiceDesk.KM_AutoCreateChangeRequest: execution of BeforeInsert
caused by: System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: FIELD_CUSTOM_VALIDATION_EXCEPTION, Please select an active Category.: 
Category value selected in the Category lookup field of the Knowledge Article is Inactive
Please ensure that the value selected in the Category field of that Knowledge Article is active by following the steps below.
- Select Remedyforce Administration > Configure Application > Category.
- Open Category selected in the Knowledge Article.
- Ensure that the inactive box at the top does not have a check in it.
- Remove check from Inactive box.
- Confirm comment/feedback can be submitted from Self Service on Knowledge Article after selecting Needs Update in Select Article Rating drop-down.