This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
PATROL Agent 9.6 , 10.x,11.x PA
What is the best path to follow when upgrading to PATROL Agent from 9.6 to 11.3 PATROL Agent version?
1) User need to be on at-least 10.0 PA version to use the Deploy-able feature of Truesight.
Please note : Deploy and install feature in the TrueSight console does not support PAs prior to version 10.0.
2) Options for upgrading the PA from 9.6 to 11.3. User can follow either of the below steps :
A) Upgrade the PA from 9.6 to 10.0 and than use the Truesight deployment feature to upgrade to 11.3 PA.
B) Upgrade the PA directly to 11.3 one by one and get it connected to 11.3 TSIM/TSPS.
To deploy to such PAs, perform the following steps:
a) Use the Save and Download option while creating a deployable package and follow steps below:
b) Copy the deployable package to the PA host and extract it.
c) Run the following file in the bmc_products directory:
3) To follow the B step, user can either go for upgrade or do a clean installation.
4) To avoid any upgrade issue clean uninstall and re-installation is always a better option , it will also overcome the registry conflicts issue and the mismatch directory issues.
5) Users can use SCCM tool for deployment at their own risk. BMC cannot comment on this as SCCM is Microsoft's product.
6)Benefits of upgrading the PA to 11.3 is to use the enhanced features, avoid n number of defect fixes, and user will be on supported product for next couple of years.
User may go through the link for knowing better features of PA 11.3 :