This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
TrueSight Middleware Monitor
BMC Middleware and Transaction Management
TrueSight Middleware Transaction Monitor TrueSight Middleware Monitor BMC Middleware and Transaction Management
SNMP Traps not getting generated after the latest FIxpack/Patch activity due to invalid/not correct module version.
- Try testing the SNMP script manually and check if there's any trap generated.
- If the test fails with the below reason, proceed further with next steps.
Can't locate Net/SNMP.pm in @INC (you may need to install the Net::SNMP module)
(@INC contains: D:/BMC_Software/MMPA/perl/site/lib D:/BMC_Software/MMPA/perl/lib
) at D:\BMC_Software\MMPA\SNMP\BMC_SNMPTRAP_mqadmin.pl line 222.
- In the TMTM installation directory, Go to perl subdirectory -> Lib subdirectory -> Net subdirectory -> copy SNMP.pm module from there.
- Next step, paste the copied SNMP.pm module from SNMP folder to your perl installation.
The standard location is the lib/net folder as shared example here(<TMTM_install_dir>/perl/lib/net)
- And try to test it again.
- Ideally, once the SNMP module is loaded with the correct perl version, issue gets resolved.