This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
Control-D all versions and Control-D/Delivery Server version 9.0.00 and above
How do I use Control-D and Control-D/Delivery Server to email text reports as a PDF?
How to send a report to email as a PDF
Here is the procedure for emailing the report.
Setup CTD/Delivery Server
1. Make sure all is installed
Setup the mainframe
1. Add a member to the IOA.BANNERS library called MAILLST and add the following contents (Note you can have between 1 and 20 separate EMAIL statements)
2. Edit member CTDSPARM in the CTD.PARM library and change the following parameters with your sites information
HOST=your host name DEFAULT HOST ID
PORT=1948 DEFAULT PORT NUMBER
MAIL_HOST= SMTP HOST TO BE USED FOR SENDING MAILS
3. Edit the recipient Tree using option T and select the Recip[ient(s) of the report(s) you want to transform to PDF and e4mail
a. In the first blank DESC field add the following EMAIL=MAILLST
b. Save the recipient and exit the T screen
4. Add the following lines to member IOADFLTL in the IOA.PARM library
* SUPPORT ADDRESS IN IMMEDIATE PRINT
5. Recycle Control-D
To use the feature
1. Go into the U screen and select a report with a P for print as you usually do
2. In the resulting Print Panel choose option 1 for immediate print and then set the first DEST filed to CTDS and the second DEST field to MAILB2P
3. Press enter to print the report
A set of files will then be built and sent to the CTD/Delivery Server. They will then be read, the report will be transformed to PDF and emailed to the names in the member MAILLST that you created earlier