Welcome to the TrueSight Operations Management page where we will openly discuss topics for TrueSight Infrastructure Management and TrueSight Presentation Server.
If you are new to TrueSight, have a look at our TrueSight Overview and review the product capabilities and key benefits below:
- TrueSight Infrastructure Management reduces mean time to repair (MTTR) with smart event management and cloud-ready operational analytics.
- Enterprise monitoring and event management – Detect, analyze, and take action on events impacting the business
- IT operations analytics – Use behavioral learning and log analytics to reduce MTTR
- Broad and deep coverage – Out-of-the-box coverage for key technology vendors, and customizable integrations via SDKs, scripts, and Sentry Monitoring Studio
- ITSM integration – Integrate TrueSight with Remedy for automated ticket creation, enrichment, and routing
- Cloud-ready – Monitor the health and performance of infrastructure and application resources across a multi-cloud environment
• Reduce event volume by decreasing event noise through analytics
• Decrease false alarms by up to 90%• Lower mean time to repair by up to 75%
• Warn IT when a metric is trending out-of-band, up to 3 hours before a baseline is breached, with predictive analytics
• Resolve 40% more incidents automatically
TrueSight Presentation Server and TrueSight Infrastructure Management are both widely used as part of the TrueSight Operations Management environment.
Having such key product components does often come with a few challenges.
The purpose of this document is to mention some of the product areas which have garnered more attention over the years. The goal is to provide details about these topics to help customers, like you, avoid some of the issues which other customers have endured.
The TSOM product is very robust and has many integrations which leaves a lot of room for issues or areas where things can get a bit mess. Here are some of the topics which we see most often in Support. The intent is to provide additional resources to help avoid some of the many issues seen as a result of the topics below:
- Java Memory Management
- Health check/Tuning
- Self-Health monitoring
- Secure Certificates
- High Availability Configuration/Setup
Java Memory Management
- Webinar Recording
- java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread error seen in the TrueSight.log on Linux TSPS Server 11.0
- TSIM jserver fails to start with java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread
- TSPS Server crashing with java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC Overhead limit exceeded errors
- Webinar Recording
- TrueSight Operations Management Health Check Tool
- Trending in Support: TrueSight Operations Management 11.x Health Check Tool
- Webinar Recording
- How to stop TrueSight Self-Monitoring alarms
- Oracle Query Availability < 100%" is seen but quickly gets closed automatically
- Self-monitoring events for PATROL Agent disconnection are generated with OK severity in TrueSight 10.5
- Video - TrueSight self monitoring is an absolute dream!
- Configuring Self-Health Monitoring capability for TrueSight Operations Management
- Idea - TrueSight Self Health KM to support monitoring local cells configured with TLS
- How to monitor secure certificate expiration in TrueSight
- How to replace the SSL server certificates with certificates issued by a CA/Trusted Source within TrueSight 10 components
- Implementing private certificates in TrueSight Operations Management
- Trending in Support: Certificates, Certificates, and more Certificates, oh my!
High Availability Configuration/Setup
- Does the Repository get synced between TSPS servers in High Availability mode?
- Where can I find documentation details on the Postgresql high availability configuration (streaming replication) used when TSPS is setup in HA?
- How to configure TSPS from HA mode to standalone
- Implementing Postgres SQL Database HA for TrueSight with RSSO
- High availability deployment for TrueSight Operations Management
- High-availability architecture diagrams
- The TSPS Server, when in HA, can sometimes shut itself down
Interested in Webinars? Keep an eye on our TrueSight Best Practices Webinar Calendar to sign up for the next topic of interest