This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
Remedy AR System Server
Remedy AR System Server v8.x, v9.x, v19.x
1. Overlay an out-of-the-box field that has MFS/FTS property set to True in Base Mode.
For example the table field under Work Detail panel of incident form.
2. Change MFS/FTS property to False.
- FTS Indexing is still happening on the field.
- Still able to search from 'global search'.
No FTS indexing or FTS/MFS search on the disabled FTS/MFS overlay field.
Not a problem. Working as designed.
As per the current documentation - Defining a field for FTS
If FTS property exists for an out-of-the-box field, use base form to remove this property.
To add or remove FTS property on an overlay field and a custom field, use the overlay form.
(NOTE the last line means If the field is out-of-the-box and does not already have FTS/MFS property then you can overlay form and add/remove FTS/MFS.)
If "Index For MFS = False" in overlay mode and "Index For MFS = True" in base mode.
- Server will still be indexing the field as there is a option in server which allows server to run in base mode so if anytime customer is running the server in base mode it still requires to search using MFS.
- To remove MFS/FTS from out-of-the-box field, you need to disable MFS/FTS at base mode.
Once this is done, there is no FTS_INDEXER activity on the that field. There is no MFS/FTS search on that field.
- During upgrade these base mode changes will be lost. So remember to make a note of the disabled MFS/FTS fields prior to upgrade.