This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
MainView for CICS
MainView for CICS - version 6.8.00 and above
One of our CICS transactions is not appearing our MainView for CICS history view CHIST - how can we investigate this?
We can see the transaction defined in CTRAN and the Use Count is increasing, so the transaction is definitely running.
We can see active transactions of this tranid executing on the CTASK view
Here are some steps to investigate why a specific transaction is not appearing on CHIST.
1) Has the transaction finished executing? Or was it still running when you looked at CHIST? Tasks will only appear in CHIST when complete.
2) Check that you have not specified some filters on your CHISTORY selection dialog that are preventing this tranid being displayed.
3) Ensure that the tranid is not specified in the transaction exclude list in CMRSOPT (view CMRSOPT or the generated member CMRSOPxx in UBBPARM)
4) Check that Selective CMRDETL Recording (SDR) has not been turned on for this tranid (view CMRSDR or the generated member CMRSDRxx in UBBPARM)
You can read more about SDR in the section entitled "Implementing Selective CMRDETL Recording" in the MVCICS Customization Guide
5) Check the CREGAGT view to make sure that the MVCICS Extractor is/was turned on when the transaction(s) was running.
6) Check that the CHIST view has not been modified and is a Distributed view, that is it contains a D after MVCICS in the title bar:
7) Are the transactions listed if you run a CMRPRL report against the CMRDETL file in question? For example, BBSAMP member CMRPRL40 can be used to run a report for a specific transaction by date for a single CICS target, or you can use some PRL input commands like these to display all transactions:
SET TITLE = 'TRANSACTION RESPONSE ANALYSIS FOR ALL TRANSACTIONS'
SELECT TYPE 6E RECORDS FROM CMRDETL
USING T6ETRID -
ORDER BY T6ETRID
If that doesn't help, Support will need to see the following doc/files:
a) full output of the MVCICS PAS
b) full output of the CICS region
c) the CMRDETL files from the time that transaction finished
The CMRDETL(s) can be dumped with IDCAMS REPRO and then tersed and FTPed.
d) a tersed copy of your active UBBPARM dataset so that we can see your parameter members