This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
Remedy AR System Server
AR System Mid Tier
Users session is not timing out on table field auto refresh, if BackChannel request is a POST and causing Floating License not be released
This has been identified as defect
Users session is not timing out on table field auto refresh, if BackChannel request is a POST
1. DROP/BUILD PROBLEM OCCURS IN (please include OS for both client and server where
Midtier version 1902 with hotfix 20190425
2. STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
- Make sure this setting is set to 'true' in MidTier's config.properties: arsystem.exclude_table_autorefresh_for_sessiontimeout=true (Restart Tomcat if change is needed)
- Login to MT Config tool and set the Session Timeout to 7 minutes (this makes the use case quicker to reproduce)
Use Case Steps:
- Login to MidTier /arsys/home page (SHR:LandingConsole)
- Make sure the Overview Console view is loaded into the Landing Console
- On the Overview Console table field, select the following field/values:
- Show: "Assigned To Me"
- Company: "Calbro Services"
- Click the table Preferences and select 'Set Refresh Interval'
- Set the Interval to 5 (minutes)
- Start Fiddler, so you can monitor the requests
- Wait 5 minutes for the table refresh interval to happen, and you should see a /BackChannel request in Fiddler. It should be a POST request (the request should work fine)
- Wait another 5 minutes for the table refresh interval to happen again.
(NOTE: At this point, your MidTier session should have timed out, since we have waited over 7 minutes without manual user activity)
- The request will work again, but it should have responded with a 9201 Session Timeout error
3. ACTUAL RESULTS:
The Users session is never timing out. The /BackChannel request for the Auto Refresh Interval is keeping the session alive, but only if it is a POST. An auto table refresh should never keep the users session alive, regardless of if the resulting /BackChannel is a POST or GET
4. EXPECTED RESULTS:
For the User to get the 9201 Session Timeout and release the Floating Licenses
5. BUSINESS IMPACT:
Sessions are not timing out and Floating Licenses are not getting released
This has been fixed in Midtier hotfix version
Hotfix Version Stamp: 9.1.07 201909231600