Beginning October 2019, BMC Helix is transforming into the industry's first and only end-to-end ITSM + ITOM platform powered by AI/ML. BMC Helix will provide a fully integrated platform that allows customers to discover, monitor, service, remediate and optimize their entire IT estate across data center and cloud.
BMC Helix will include:
- BMC Helix Digital Workplace: Provides omni-channel conversational experiences for end users beyond web to Slackbot, Chatbot, SMSbot, and Skypebot.
- BMC Helix Chatbot: Resolve issues using Natural Language leveraging Conversational AI
- BMC Helix Discovery: Helps businesses discover assets and services across on-premises and multi-cloud environments.
- BMC Helix Monitor: Application- and service-centric performance monitoring powered by behavioral learning algorithms
- BMC Helix Service: Delivers predictive service management through auto-classification, assignment, and routing of incidents; includes embedded multi-cloud capabilities to broker incidents, changes, and releases across cloud providers.
- BMC Helix Remediate: Automated patch, change, compliance and vulnerability management with full orchestration and ITSM integration supporting documentation and audit.
- BMC Helix Optimize: Automated data center and cloud discovery and cost optimization, with machine learning predictive modeling for usage, cost and migration.
- BMC Helix Business Workflows: Enables extension beyond IT to lines of business like HR, facilities, and procurement.
- BMC Helix Platform: Offers a cloud-native microservices-based platform that helps companies extend, customize, and integrate through REST APIs.
Below is a matrix outlining which solutions align to which Helix modules and their components.
|Marketing Name||Solution Names||Components||Add-on license?||Replaces legacy solutions|
|BMC Helix Digital Workplace||BMC Digital Workplace Basic||Digital Workplace Basic||MyIT|
|BMC Digital Workplace Advanced||Digital Workplace Basic||MyIT|
|Digital Workplace Catalog||No||Service Broker|
|BMC Helix Chatbot||BMC Helix Chatbot||Chatbot||n/a|
|BMC Helix Discovery||BMC Helix Discovery||Discovery||ADDM|
|BMC Helix Monitor||Not available yet|
|BMC Helix Service||BMC Helix ITSM||ITSM||Remedy ITSM|
|BMC Helix Remediate||BMC Helix Automation||Automation Console|
|Vulnerability Management||No||SecOps Response|
|Server Automation||Yes||BSA, Bladelogic, TrueSight Server Automation|
|BMC Helix Cloud Security||Cloud Security||SecOps Policy Service|
|BMC Helix Optimize||BMC Helix Capacity Optimization||Capacity Optimization||BCO|
|BMC Helix Cloud Cost||Cloud Cost||n/a|
|BMC Helix Business Workflows||BMC Helix Business Workflows||Business Workflows||HR Case Management|
|BMC Helix Platform||BMC Helix Platform||Platform|
- Links in the first column are to web marketing pages; links in the 2nd and 3rd column are to docs pages
- The alternating white and peach rows indicate solutions that are distinct (i.e. must be purchased separately). Within those solutions there may be multiple components. Column 4 indicates whether those components require add-on licenses. So for example, Digital Workplace Basic and Digital Workplace Advanced are two different solutions. Advanced includes Catalog as an additional component which doesn't require a separate license/purchase.