This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
Remedy Single Sign On
Remedy Single Sign On
Remedy SSO FAQ
General Remedy SSO Questions including Disaster Recovery plan
1) Can we installl RSSO on one of our PROD Miditer for authenticating DEV ARS, Midtier, MyIT & SmartIT since we don't have latest OS in our DEV Midtier. Does this work out like across environments ?
Ans: BMC does not recommend to mix Production and Dev environment integrations whether it is RSSO or any other Remedy products
2) Do we need to create a separate Database for SSO in Oracle or MSSQL for Remedy SSO ?
Ans: Although you can use the same database as AR server's database for Remedy SSO data, we recommend that you create a separate database due to table name conflicts it may create between the applications. For instance, there is a table name called CONFIGURATIONS in SmartReporting as well as Remedy SSO
3) Is it possible to change the domain name of the database server that is used for RSSO?
Ans: Yes, the only change you have to do is in context.xml file (<tomcat>\webapps\rsso\META-INF folder) indicating the new name of the database server; Below is the text from this file. You only need to change the 'databaseName' parameter
<!-- Validation thread runs every 2 minutes (timeBetweenEvictionRunsMillis) For connections which are idle more than 3 minutes 20 seconds (minEvictableIdleTimeMillis) Not validated if was checked within 60 seconds before (validationInterval) Also, if connection will be if used more than 30 seconds (removeAbandonedTimeout), it will be returned to pool (removeAbandioned) -->
<Resource validationQuery="SELECT 1" validationInterval="60000" username="RSSO_USER" url="jdbc:sqlserver://clm-pun-030282:1433;databaseName=rsso;instanceName=MSSQL" type="javax.sql.DataSource" timeBetweenEvictionRunsMillis="120000" testWhileIdle="true" removeAbandonedTimeout="30" removeAbandoned="true" password="AES:e3e7b6197fe444838a7bc71fdf6ce7f7" name="jdbc/rsso" minEvictableIdleTimeMillis="200000" maxWait="15000" maxIdle="2" maxActive="10" logAbandoned="true" factory="com.bmc.rsso.dsfactory.RSSODataSourceFactory" driverClassName="com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver" auth="Container"/>
4) Does a Midtier Loadbalancer name anywhere in the RSSO integration?
5) Can the Security Planning can be done after the installation ?
Ans: Planning of the security should be done prior to installing of Remedy SSO. Please refer to Security planning link for Remedy SSO as below: There may be additional security recommendations from your security expert which you may want to bring to our attention in case you have any queries from Remedy SSO perspective
6) Also for some security reason’s we can’t provide RESOURCE role but we have similar role by our DBA which as the following components. Can you check is these components are sufficient or do we still need to GRANT RESOURCE role ? What DB user are you talking about?
Ans: For the DB user for RSSO database, the user need to be able to CREATE/ALTER/DELETE TABLE it should be fine. CREATE PUBLIC SYNONYM ALTER SESSION CREATE TABLE CREATE VIEW CREATE TRIGGER CREATE SEQUENCE CREATE DATABASE LINK CREATE SYNONYM DROP SYNONYM CREATE CLUSTER CREATE PROCEDURE CREATE SESSION CREATE SYNONYM CREATE TYPE
7) Can we use same Tomcat instance on the Midtier or do we need separate instance for RSSO on the same Midtier server ?
Ans: Although a same Tomcat instance of Midtier can be used for Remedy SSO, BMC recommend a dedicated Tomcat instance for Remedy SSO
8) How to plan a Disaster Recovery for Remedy SSO?