This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
Remedy AR System Server
AR System Mid Tier
Midtier FileDeployer 19.08; Midtier installation is skipped during Live Chat 1908 ( previously known as Virtual Chat Agent) installation
Problem presents itself in the following ways:
- While trying to install a deployment package and run the filedeployer utility over Midtier, you may see the following error in the armonitor.log: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program ""WEBSERVER_DEPLOYMENT_DIRECTORY
- Trying to access Live Chat in SmartIT, customer would see a HTTP 404 error for /agent .
- In the Midtier File deployer logs you may notice a error like below when the Live Chat 1908 D2P was deployed:
The armonitor.cfg located at [midtier_home]/filedeployer/conf has an incorrect syntax
- Edit the armonitor.cfg located at [midtier_home]/filedeployer/conf directory)
- Locate the line that is reported by the armonitor.log. In this case, the armonitor.log has:
- Modify the specified Environment-variable in the armonitor.cfg as follows
- Save the file and restart the Midtier's file deployer service (BMC Mid Tier File Deployment Service)
- Once the restart is completed , Under the Deployment (D2P) Console , Click on View Payload Status and Select the Midtier Entry for retry Deployment . If you do not see the Retry Deployment button Enabled ; You can delete the earlier D2P package and re-run the D2P process for 1908 Live Chat package. Upon re-run the Already installed entries would be skipped and the "1908 Live Chat Binaries for Virtual Chat " Would be deployed successfully.
- Attached to this article is a sample of the corrected file.
This should address your HTTP 404 error on eschat/agent URL . If you see a RSSO login prompt , likely it is that the RSSO agent properties was missed during installation . For more info please refer KA 000172094 to understand further.