This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
BMC Workbench for DB2
RECOVERY MANAGER for DB2
For BQU2472 that resolves error ARMQRPR FAILED TO POPULATE ArmzRecoveryProgress STRUCT RC 802, what are the proper HOLD DATA actions?
If you have BMC Recovery for DB2 solution installed for use with BMC Workbench for DB2 via the Recovery Management perspective,
continue with the modified HOLD DATA instructions below. If you do not have the BMC Recovery for DB2 solution installed, this Knowledge Article
and modified HOLD DATA instructions can be ignored.
For PTF BQU2472 HOLD DATA with REASON(DOC) CLASS(DOC), no modifications are necessary.
A dynamic bind will automatically occur during exeuction after this PTF is applied.
The dynamic bind will occur when the user enters the Recovery Manager product online by executing hlq.UBMCCLIB(ARMISPF) with the specified SSID or if the user executes a Recovery Manager batch job such as the $770IVP installation job.
For PTF BQU2472 HOLD DATA with REASON(DB2BIND) CLASS(DB2BIND), here are the modified steps to complete.
After applying the PTF, perform the following steps:
1. This PTF changes DBRM ARMQACA. Run installation JCL member $770IVP to perform a dynamic bind
2. Stop the BMC Workbench GUD Agents in the DBC by executing the command: /<dbcssid> GUD,STOPALL
3. Start the BMC Workbench GUD Agents in the DBC by executing the command: /<dbcssid> GUD,STARTALL
4. Stop UIM by executing the command: /p <uimname>
5. Start UIM by executing the command: /s <uimname>