This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
BMC Helix Remedyforce Service Desk
Remedyforce Search Does not Works for Some Incidents in BMC Helix Remedyforce.
Incident Description field has special characters, causing a UI xml parser exception.
Use one of the following workarounds:
1. Open the affected records and remove the special character from the Description field.
2. Remove the Description field from the Global search for Incident Object.
To remove the Description field from Global Search:
1. Login to Remedyforce as Administrator
2. Click on "Remedyforce Administration" Tab
3. Go to "Application Settings | Click on "Global Search"
4. Select the Date source equals "Incident" and Data Field equals " Description"
5. Click Remove
6. Click Save
7. Verify the Remedyforce search returns the desired results.