This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
All versions of Control-M/Enterprise Manager
- How to configure the automatic account locking feature for the Control-M/Enterprise Manager user on Workload Automation Client?
- How to enable the automatic account locking feature for attempt login failure on Control-M/Enterprise Manager Client?
- How to increase or decrease the number of attempts login failure before locking the Control-M/Enterprise Manager User?
- Can we disable the automatic locking feature for specific Control-M/Enterprise Manager User only?
- Use the below procedures to configure the Automatic Locking Feature for Control-M/Enterprise Manager User's login failure attempts
1. Launch Control-M Configuration Manager
2. Click on the "Control-M/EM" on the component windows to highlight
3. Click on "System Parameters" icon under the "Home"Tab
4. Click on "Advanced" on the Control-M/EM - System Parameter menu
5. Edit the below Control-M/Enterprise Manager System Parameter:
0 (Default): The account is not automatically unlocked but an administrator can manually unlock it.
Any positive number:
Time interval, in minutes, after which an account that was automatically locked is automatically unlocked.
(Accounts locked by an administrator are not unlocked automatically.)
0 (Default): “Automatic account locking” is not enabled and accounts are never automatically locked
1 - 100: The number of sequential failed logins after which an account is locked.
6. Restart the Control-M/Enterprise Manager GUI Server and Control-M Management Server (CMS) for the new value to take effect
- The above Control-M/Enterprise Manager System Parameters apply to all Control-M/Enterprise Manager User and not possible to configure such feature for specific account