This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
MainView SRM Allocation
MAINVIEW SRM Allocation StopX37/II User Guide and Reference
MainView SRM Allocation 7.9.00, 7.8.00, MainView SRM StopX37/II 7.9.00, 7.8.00
How can I find MainView SRM Messages in the online documentation, and how can I find specific Messages by Message ID, Message text or by Function name?
From www.bmc.com go to:
- Support Central
- BMC Mainframe for MainView
- Scroll down to "Messages Library"
- Use the box "Search these pages" to search by Function name, by Message ID, or by Message text.
- The results will present link(s) to book(s) containing ranges of Messages.
- Click on the link to a book of Messages, and use your browser's search function to find what you're looking for within that book's pages. Typically your browser's search can be invoked with Ctrl + F keys.
- If you use a custom prefix for Message IDs, this may complicate a search by Message ID. When searching for a Message ID, you may:
- Use the entire Message ID, example: SVO0106I
- Use an asterisk wildcard at the end of a partial Message ID, example: SVO0106*
- Use a wildcard combination at the beginning ( /.* ) and end ( .*/ ) of a partial Message ID, examples: /.*VO0106.*/ or /.*VO0106I.*/ or /.*0106.*/ (this last example will return many results for multiple products)
- Some messages do not have a prefix.
- Message IDs and accompanying messages will only be displayed when allowed, with MSG=I. This can be specified in SMFUNCxx parmlib member, and can be overridden in the associated SMFLSTxx member for the Function in question.