This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
Control-M/Enterprise Manager 9.0.00 and higher Control-M/Server for UNIX and Microsoft Windows 9.0.00 and higher
- What is the compatibility and support policy for Control-M Product on Cloud platforms?
- Is Control-M compatible Cloud platforms?
- What is the support policy for Control-M Product in Cloud platforms?
BMC welcomes the running of its Control-M products in the leading cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, GCP (Google Cloud Platform), OCI (Oracle Cloud Infrastructure), etc. In general, Control-M products are fully supported running under virtual environments subject to the following terms and conditions:
- DBaaS: Control-M currently supports AWS RDS with Oracle, Microsoft SQL (MS-SQL) and PostgreSQL (with Control-M 9.0.18 and above).
Control-M does not currently support GCP Cloud SQL for Postgres as it does not support the "dblink" Postgres extension Control-M requires.
- BMC service agreements and specific constraints and exceptions described in Control-M product-specific documentation do apply (including, among others, release notes and knowledge base articles). When there is a conflict between this general statement and product-specific documentation, the product documentation prevails.
- Support for any cloud platform is conditioned on support for the guest operating system under which the Control-M product is running in the cloud machine.
- In the event that a reported problem is most likely caused by the cloud software, BMC may require customers to open a support case with the cloud vendor to assist troubleshoot the issue.