This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
BMC Atrium Core - CMDB
BMC Atrium Core
All the versions of CMDB
How to disable Patch Normalization for any class?
To disable the patch normalization, PatchNumber attribute has to be excluded from the attribute List of a particular class. E.g. SoftwareServer.
From Atrium Console, the attribute list can’t be edited and have to use the backend form to do so.
For Normalization process, the information about attribute to be normalized is stored in NE:AttributesInfo form using attribute instanceId (not by name).
To simplify the steps, We have extracted the instanceIds of PatchNumber attribute from CMDB metadata (using OBJSTR:AttributeDefinition form).
There are two PatchNumber attributes in CMDB each for two class hierarchy in BMC CMDB.
- InstanceId for PatchNumber attribute belongs to BMC_ApplicationSystem (parent of BMC_SoftwareServer)
- InstanceId for PatchNumber attribute belongs to BMC_Software (Parent of OperatingSystem)
Steps to follow -
- Go to NE:AttributesInfo form
- Search for the class under ClassID field we want to disable patch normalization for. Once the record id fetched, we will get a list of attributes separated by ';' under AttributeIDList field
- OB000874CD4B4FoD2cQADD29CwFQMA and OB000D56BA2BA54hfvQAioxBBQ4gAA are the patch number attribute IDs.
- Remove any of the above 2 values, whichever is available in the AttributeIDList for particular class and the ';' that goes with it, save the record and it will disable the patch normalization for the selected ClassID