This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
Remedy with Smart IT
Remedy with Smart IT
Remedy with Smart IT 18.05 Remedy with Smart IT 18.08
The 'SMT:Social_FollowConfig' form was introduced in version 18.05 and is there to track which request ('Ticket ID' field) is followed by which user ('followerId' field). In previous versions of Smart IT, this information was stored in Mongo DB.
When loading/refreshing the Dashboard in Smart IT 18.0x (and later versions), the Smart IT server will retrieve the entries from the 'SMT:Social_FollowConfig' form for the logged-in user to be able to populate the Updates feed in the Smart IT Dashboard with the latest Activities/SLA Alerts of the tickets the user follows. The maximum number of entries that the Smart IT server will retrieve from the 'SMT:Social_FollowConfig' form for consideration, depends on the Smart IT version:
- 18.0x - The Smart IT server will retrieve all entries from the 'SMT:Social_FollowConfig' form where the login ID of the logged in user is in the 'followerId' field
- 19.0x - In 19.02 - a field ('lastUpdateWorklogTS') was added to the 'SMT:Social_FollowConfig' form that tracks when the ticket related to the FollowConfig entry was last updated. Using a descending sort on that new field, the 19.0x Smart IT server then retrieves the entries from the 'SMT:Social_FollowConfig' form where the login ID of the logged in user is in the 'followerId' field, up to a maximum of 2000 entries.
- 19.02.01 HF3+ / 19.08 HF3+ / 19.11 (Cloud release) / 20.02 - Similar to 19.0x, but the maximum number of entries retrieved from the 'SMT:Social_FollowConfig' form by Smart IT server depends on the value configured for the 'Server-Temp-Table-Threshold' setting in AR Server's Centralized Configuration (located under: "com.bmc.arsys.server.shared" --> "*"). If the 'Server-Temp-Table-Threshold' parameter is:
- Configured: the maximum number of entries that will be retrieved by Smart IT server from the ‘SMT:Social_FollowConfig’ form is the value set for that parameter minus 1
- Not configured: A maximum of 999 entries will be retrieved by Smart IT server from the ‘SMT:Social_FollowConfig’ form
Why clean-up the data in the 'SMT:Social_FollowConfig' form
In some cases, excessive data in this form can contribute to performance issues during the load of the Smart IT Dashboard, or execution of escalation "SMT:FCF:SetLastWorklogUpdate" (note: this escalation was introduced in version 19.02, to populate the 'lastUpdateWorklogTS' field that was added to this form in that version).
Starting from Smart IT version 19.08, an enhancement has been introduced to automatically unfollow tickets, 30 days after they have been closed (by deleting entries from the 'SMT:Social_FollowConfig' form using AR archiving).
Recommended steps to clean-up data in 'SMT:Social_FollowConfig' form
Included in the attachment of this article are SQL queries that can be used to reduce/clean-up the data in the 'SMT:Social_FollowConfig' form. Before implementing these steps on a Production system, the recommendation is always to test this on a lower environment first, to take back-ups of the data in the form (either by exporting to .arx, or taking back-ups of the form's AR tables) and to perform the activity outside main working hours.
Note: The name of the main table that stores the data for an AR System Regular form would be T <schemaId>. To find the schemaId of the 'SMT:Social_FollowConfig' form to determine its T-table, the following query can be used:
The queries provided with this article will delete data directly from the T-table related to the 'SMT:Social_FollowConfig' form (using the view that exists for this form). As Status History is enabled on this form, data should also be cleaned up from the corresponding H <schemaId> table (the table that stores the Status History data for a form). The suggested steps to accomplish this are to first perform the clean-up of the data using the attached queries, and to then sync the data in the H-table by deleting any entries in that H-Table where the 'entryId' does not match any entry in the C1 column of the T-table.
The queries in the attached document provide the following:
- Identify users with a high number of records in the 'SMT:Social_FollowConfig' form
- Clean-up of duplicate records in the 'SMT:Social_FollowConfig' form
- Clean-up of invalid records in the 'SMT:Social_FollowConfig' form
- Clean-up of records in the 'SMT:Social_FollowConfig' form related to:
o Closed or bypassed Tasks
o Closed or cancelled Problem Investigations
o Closed or cancelled Known Errors
o Closed version or cancelled Knowledge Articles
o Closed or cancelled Releases
o Closed or cancelled Activities
o Closed or cancelled Incidents
o Closed or cancelled Work Orders
o Closed or cancelled Service Requests
Finally, other parameters that can be reviewed to help increase performance in Smart IT for Dashboard and Ticket Console (details on these parameters can be found in our product documentation):
|explicitStatsRefresh||See also Knowledge Article 000170475|
|feedRefreshInterval||Recommended value 600|
|timelineRefreshInterval||Recommended value 60, available from version 19.02|
|landingPage||When you login to Smart IT, by default the Dashboard appears after you enter your user credentials. From Smart IT version 19.02 and onwards, using this parameter, the administrator has the ability to set the landing page of the Universal Client (UC) to a different page (e.g. Ticket Console), which could help reduce the number of loads of the Dashboard and its related queries.|