This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
ProactiveNet Performance Management Suite
BPPM User Console
All BPPM and TSIM versions
In a TSIM event rule, can the text of the emails sent be customized?
When you configure event rules, you have the ability to customize the text of the events. There are variables/macros that can be accessed during that customization that allow you to customize the Subject and Body of the email. You should be able to use that functionality to achieve your goal.
2. Click Edit "Event Rules".
3. Edit an existing Event Rule or create a new rule.
4. Click through to page 3/3 (Next=>Next)
5. Click "Event Text Customization"
6. Enter the text in the Subject and Body. The macros that are available are listed to the right of the screen where Subject and Body are entered.
The following example notification text:
Action generated by $ALARMRULE_NAME
Generated the following e-mail:
Action generated by DefaultRule-BMC_ProactiveNet PwTray
Note: This email was triggered by event rule "DefaultRule-BMC_ProactiveNet".