This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
ProactiveNet Performance Management Suite
ProactiveNet Performance Management
How to automate the CMA "Agent Sync" command in a Windows BPPM server?
Here are instructions to execute the CLI
1) Download the ReSyncAgents.zip file attached to this article
2) Get a list of PATROL agents using the following instructions
2a) runjava scripts.runsqli "SELECT SERVERID, MOINSTANCEID, HOSTNAME FROM PATROLAGENT_DETAILS" > C:\tableOut.txt
2b) Keep this file C:\tableOut.txt - it can be located anywhere and named anything as long as the path + name do not include a space
2c) Edit the file and remove the first line which contains column headers of the table
3) Modify the file /pw/pronto/bin/runjava.pl and add the following line to the end of the "my $cp =", just before the ". '.';" line
4) Create a scripts directory $server_path/com/proactivenet/scripts
For example, if the BPPM server is installed under: C:\Program Files\BMC Software\Proactivenet, then create the below directory under the path:
C:\Program Files\BMC Software\Proactivenet\com\proactivenet\scripts
5) Copy ReSyncAgents.class to this scripts directory
6) Execute the following command in pw command window
runjava scripts.ReSyncAgents File=<Filename> User=<User name> WaitInterval=<Duration in minutes> i.e.
runjava scripts.ReSyncAgents File=C:\tableOut.txt User=admin WaitInterval=3