This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
BMC Client Management
Client Management 12.x
How to Restrict Execution of Powershell or any other application using Prohibited application feature of BCM.
- Go to Application Management.
- Right Click Application Management Wizard.
- It will open Introduction page -> Choose Configure a List of Applications to manage And Next
- Under Application List Provide Name as Powershell List and Type = "Prohibited Application" and choose source as Software Catalog.
- Now add the Application by selecting the Icon of + Sign and then search for powershell.
- Click On Search Option and type Powershell. It will list out Windows PowerShell Application License Unit.
Choose Windows Powershell and Click on to Add License Unit. then Click OK.
- Now click Next and Assigned some devices to block the Powershell on them. And click Finish.
How to Hide the Above Prompt on all devices:
- Create Operational rule and Add steps called "Application Monitoring Module Setup".
- Uncheck Popup Window After Application Termination.
- And Now assigned this operational rule to all the devices (which are assigned to the prohibit application).
If you would like to learn more about Prohibited application then here is a Doc Link : Click Here
In case if you need any assistance then feel free to raise a ticket with BCM team.