This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
Remedy AR System Server
Smart Reporting Remedy
Machines without access to Internet
"Error information is missing" message when trying to login to AdminConsole.
Below are the errors seen in the Catalina logs:
07-Jun-2019 12:27:30.793 SEVERE [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal One or more listeners failed to start. Full details will be found in the appropriate container log file
07-Jun-2019 12:27:30.808 SEVERE [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal Context [/AdminConsole] startup failed due to previous errors
Errors from localhost log:
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionStoreException: Line 8 in XML document from class path resource [applicationContext.xml] is invalid; nested exception is org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 8; columnNumber: 67; cvc-complex-type.2.4.c: The matching wildcard is strict, but no declaration can be found for element 'context:component-scan'.
Server is not connected to internet and is not able to get to the schemalocations of the "applicationContext.xml" file
1) Stop the Smart Reporting Tomcat service.
2) Rename the original applicationContext.xml file (loaded in /SmartReporting\appserver\webapps\AdminConsole\WEB-INF\classes). Give it a non-.xml extension name.
3) Copy all 4 files from the attached zip file into that location.
4) Start the Smart Reporting Tomcat service.
Same issue can occur with an upgrade or fresh install (only on 19.02), request the binaries from support to replace them on the installer files and follow next steps:
1. Download the installer from EPD.
2. Extract it.
3. Go to '\Disk2\files\reporting' and replace componentReporting.zip with the one provided from support.
4. Give required permissions.
5. Run the installer.