This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
MainView for MQ
MainView for WebSphere MQ
5.3 and above
Queue manager security turned on in RACF. However, MVMQS is checking.
ICH408I USER(... ) GROUP(... ) NAME(...
QD02.QD02.DEAD.QUEUE CL(MQQUEUE )
PROFILE NOT FOUND - REQUIRED FOR AUTHORITY CHECKING
ACCESS INTENT(READ ) ACCESS ALLOWED(NONE )
What to do to disable the checking?
The MQ profile in MQQUEUE class that was checked is not a MainView security profile, therefore the profile itself as nothing to do with MainView.
When you are in a view, MainView windows mode security takes control and send the request to RACF for verification, so please try to disable MainView windows mode security (it is enabled by default), here is the instructions:
1.From EZMQS single target,
2. In the COMMAND line, enter SERDEF.
3. In the COMMAND line, enter EDIT to request an edit session.
4. In the COMMAND line, enter CHAnge.
5. At the top of the Change Security Parameters dialog, specify “Message - Message Text No MQQUEUE”
6. Press the END key and enter SAVE in the COMMAND line to save your change.
7. Recycle the CAS.and all associated PASs.