This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
BMC Helix Remedyforce Service Desk
Customers receive Apex exception emails at a regular interval for BMCServiceDesk.MilestoneTransactionHelper with the message as follows.
Apex script unhandled exception by user/organization: <User_ID/Org_ID>
Failed to invoke future method 'public static void updateResponseSLAJunkRecordsAsync()' on class 'BMCServiceDesk.MilestoneTransactionHelper' for job id '7071Q00009HqWMu'
caused by: System.DmlException: Update failed. First exception on row 0 with id a3t36000000I0q6AAC; first error: FIELD_CUSTOM_VALIDATION_EXCEPTION, INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_OR_READONLY: 
Class.BMCServiceDesk.MilestoneTransactionHelper.updateResponseSLAJunkRecordsAsync: line 1340, column 1
Missing update permission on service target object. However, not granting this permission will not hamper any core functionality but you would continue to receive exception emails unless proper permission is granted.
To resolve this issue grant update permission on 'Service Target' object to the profile or permission set of the user who has started the milestone processor from Remedyforce Administration.
If you are using Profiles to grant permissions to users then perform the following steps:
1. Go to Setup à Monitor à Jobs à Scheduled Jobs. Note the ‘Submitted By’ user name for “BMC Helix Remedyforce - Milestone Processor” job.
2. Go to the Setup à Administer à Manage Users à Users. Select the user who submitted the Milestone Processor job.
3. Click on the user’s Profile.
4. Click Edit.
5. Go to Custom Object Permissions section.
6. Search for “Service Targets” object in the list and enable the ‘Edit’ checkbox (third one) for Service Target object and save the changes made to the profile.
Note: If you are using Enhanced Profile User Interface refer to the below link to grant 'Edit' permission on 'Service Target' object.
If you are using custom Permission Sets then perform the following steps:
1. Go to the custom Permission Set à Object Settings.
2. Under Object Settings search for “Service Targets” and click on the “Service Targets” link.
3. Click Edit.
4. Enable the ‘Edit’ checkbox and save the changes.