This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
Remedy AR System Server
How can I add an FTS Indexer?
Why would you add an Indexer?
- Provide FTS/MFS searches when primary Indexer is down or Busy Reindexing\
- Multiple Copies of the FTS Collection Directory in case of a failure on one
- FTS/MFS Queries can be distributed across multiple servers
Steps to Add an Indexer
1. Open the FTS Management Console
- Configure New Indexer
- Configure Searchers to use the New Indexer
Change the value of 'Indexer Server Name' to point to the new Indexer server
2. Open the AR System Server Group Operation Ranking form
- Rank the New Indexer
3. Restart ARServers
- Searchers that were updated
- New Indexer
- The New Indexer needs to be reindexed
- Use the FTS Management Console to perform the Reindex