Thank you for choosing our BMC SaaS Service, Remedyforce!
We want to welcome you and share BMC’s commitment to your success. We commit to partnering with you to deliver a great Remedyforce experience and to help you gain maximum value from the Remedyforce Solution. In this document we will provide you with important first steps as well as important reference material, resources and information including our Remedyforce Communities, how to access BMC Technical Support and how to obtain free training.
Let's Get Started
Install Remedyforce In Your Current Salesforce Org
In order for your Remedyforce licenses to be provisioned you must install Remedyforce in a Production Org.
How to download Remedyforce into an existing Salesforce Org:
- Have your current SF Admin go to the App Exchange – https://appexchange.salesforce.com/results?keywords=remedyforce
- Click on Remedyforce – IT Service Management and Help Desk
- Click on Get It Now
- We highly suggest reading the Customization Guide. *This is VERY important as steps must be done prior to installing the Application. The Administrator must create predefined profiles as outlined in the document. Here is a link to assist - (follow link and switch to the current product version) https://docs.bmc.com/docs/display/remforce201901/Installing
- Agree to the T&C’s.
- Click on Visit Provider
- Click on I am a Remedyforce customer and I want to install the latest version!
You will receive an Activation Email. Actioning this email is required to begin the provisioning process. Check your Spam folder, if you did not receive this email contact your Partner or your BMC Account Manager for assistance.
Order Detail Email
Once BMC has processed your order your designated Technical Contact will receive an email with the details of your order. This will include your Support Contract ID and your Support ID Pin. You will need these to sign up for Support/Communities/BMC Academy and to submit tickets with BMC Technical Support. If you did not receive this email contact your Partner or your BMC Account Manager for assistance.
If you're Remedyforce Licenses are pending provisioning at this point, confirm your Production Org ID with your Partner or your BMC Account Manager and confirm with them that it has been provided to the Remedyforce Provisioning Department. Once all of these steps are complete it takes 3-5 business days for your Remedyforce licenses to be provisioned.
Remedyforce License Review
Remedyforce License Breakdown
What roles constitute a license usage?
· The License determines the area in which the user can access
· The access is determined by the Profile and Permission Set assigned to the user
· The Roles determine the ability to view tickets on a hierarchical level (Optional)
Although the Salesforce Platform license is shared between the Staff User and the Client Users, their profile determines their access. However, you will also need to assign the proper “permission sets” to all of your users. Please read the following documentation: User Permissions and Assigning permission sets (follow link and switch to the current product version)
How To Register For Communities, Technical Support & BMC Academy
- Did you know we have a new registration process and form? This new form has a tighter integration with the BMC Support There is a wonderful video here that explains the process. It goes through all the registration steps and even sets expectation for the emails that customers will receive after registration is successful. Here is the blog to read more about it: https://communities.bmc.com/community/support/blog/2019/05/20/new-online-bmc-registration-form
- There is also a new Profile Management Application that allows customers to access and correct their BMC profile. As community members move around from one company to another they should update their profile. Here is a blog that explains how to use the new Profile Management Application.
- There is also a new feature in BMC profiles called “Favorite Product and Alerts Subscriptions application” that allows customer to flag their favorite BMC products. After selecting your favorite BMC products, your BMC search, downloads, and Communities content will be personalized for you. In the coming months, we will be adding personalization in case management, Product Support pages, and documentation.
Follow the Remedyforce Community
Remedyforce Community is a one-stop shop for all online resources
Communities is an invaluable tool. It is a centralized source for documentation like blogs, documents, knowledge articles, white papers & videos. It is shared by Remedyforce users, employees and Partners. You can ask questions about the product, raise or vote on product ideas and you can also access Support Central from the BMC Helix Remedyforce Community Page if you need to log a ticket. Your Remedyforce subscription includes free access to Communities.
Be sure to follow members of the BMC Helix Remedyforce Business Relationship Management Team, Product Development & Support!
Submitting Tickets To Remedyforce Support
You can access the below URL after you create your own account. The system will require you to create your own user id and password if not already done. Additional information needed to create your account:
- URL: http://www.bmc.com/support/support-central.html
- BMC Support Phone number: 1-800-537-1813
- Support ID: XXXXXX (Found on your Order Detail email)
- Password/pin: XXX (Found on your Order Detail email)
We suggest granting them access prior to save time. Select the arrow next to Your Name-> My Settings-> Edit my personal information-> Grant Account Login Access-> Under BMC Support select either 1 Week or 1 Month.
As you are starting out educating yourself on the product you will want to take the WBT first, they are free with your subscription. We recommend the BMC Remedyforce: Fundamentals for Administrators - Part 1 and BMC Remedyforce: Fundamentals of Incident Management & Problem Management to start. Read more here: BMC Helix Remedyforce Customer Education.
If you are Interested in having time with an instructor to reinforce the information in the WBT the Remedyforce Fundamentals for Administrators Part 2 is available at a cost and is assisted self-paced (ASP). You receive a specified amount of time per day of the course to ask questions to an instructor.
If you are seeking a RF Certification you would continue the path to the Online assessment, then take the BMC Certified Professional: BMC Remedyforce Practical Exam to become a badged certified professional.
First Steps for Success
|BMC customer orientation checklist|
|Welcome to Remedyforce - The First Week|
|Welcome to Remedyforce – Beyond the First Week! (Part 1)|
More Valuable Resources
The Wiki (Admin Guide)
You Can Access the Wiki anywhere in Remedyforce and be directed to documentation, this will be your Remedyforce Admin guide. Just click on the question mark for help (?).
Remedyforce Maintenance & Release Schedule
Stay up to date with self-upgrade/automatic upgrade information!
Set a “watch” on the Remedyforce Release Schedules page to ensure that you are getting the most up to date information when release information is available!
Log in, Navigate to the Release schedule page and click the eye to “watch” the page Release schedules - BMC Remedyforce - BMC Documentation
Remedyforce Support Videos
Remedyforce Support has put together a Youtube Remedyforce Channel that we encourage all of our customers to view and follow. It currently has 60 video (and growing) that cover such topics as Pentaho,to How to troubleshoot Remedyforce etc.. Please see the list of topics here: BMC Helix Remedyforce YouTube Support Video Index
BMC Remedyforce Newsletter Index
Remedyforce Buzz Welcome to Your Source for Remedyforce! Our monthly newsletter brings you the latest developments, news and information on BMC Helix Remedyforce. This is the index for current and past issues
Again, welcome to BMC Helix Remedyforce! We appreciate the trust you place in BMC and our solutions.
As always, the Remedyforce team welcomes your feedback. If you have questions add them to the comments section below.