This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
BMC Atrium Core - CMDB
BMC Atrium Core
Promote Sandbox to Production timing out or erroring out
Steps to recreate:
1. Open Atrium Core Console
2. Select Console
3. Select Applications > Explorer
4. In Find > Query, search for CSG International
5. Drag the resulting row to the View pane
6. Select the CI in the View pane
7. Click Edit
8. At the prompt to change to a Sandbox view, click Yes.
9. In the Priority field, change it to a different value
10. Click Save
11. Click Close
12. Click the Promote Sandbox Items button
13. It will spin for a long time and eventually time out
As per the logs arrecond.log there was an error as:
<ERROR > <TID: 0000004204> /* Wed Mar 06 2019 13:48:31.7240 */ Exception in getServerGroupState (ARERR Cannot establish a network connection to the AR System Plug-In server
<ERROR > <TID: 0000004204> /* Wed Mar 06 2019 13:48:31.7240 */ <ARSERVER>:<PORT>)
1. Checked the "RE:Modify Configuration" form there was no data even when the ar.cfg was configured correctly.
2. Checking the Task manager the arplugin.exe process was not running then checking we found msvcr71.dll was missing, after adding the file in system.32 and restart AR Server the service start running and the reconciliation worked fine again as expected.