This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
BMC Atrium Orchestrator Runbooks
BMC Atrium Orchestrator Content 20.xx.xx TrueSight Orchestration Content 20.xx.xx
How do I add a custom BMC Remedy IT Service Management field to a BMC Atrium Orchestrator / TrueSight Orchestration Operations Actions Management module? The out-of-the-box modules only expect certain fields, and I want to add a field that is not part of the default mappings and concept.
To add a new field to an Operations Actions Management (OA) module, you must modify both the module's mappings and the underlying concept. The following steps use AutoPilot-OA-Incident_Management as an example, but the steps are the same for any OA module.
Note: Incorrect edits to the concept files can cause errors during workflow testing. Please follow these steps carefully. If you are unable to run workflows after making these changes, import the module from the Repository again to return your concept to the default.
First, edit the concept:
- Import and unbundle the module into TSO Development Studio. For more information on managing modules in Development Studio please refer to the page "Library Manager" in the documentation for your version of TSO.
- Open the module in your file browser. Development Studio stores modules in the workspace directory you configured during installation. By default, this is C:\Users\[USERNAME]\DevStudio\[ENVIRONMENT_NAME]\[GRID_NAME]. If you do not know your workspace directory, open the file [STUDIO_HOME]/DevelopmentStudio.properties and look for the parameter "devstudio.workspace".
- Open the folder for your module, then the folder "concepts"
- Open the folder "xml" and open the file pertaining to your concept. For example, if you are adding a field to AutoPilot-OA-Incident_Management, open Incident.xml.
- Add a new line for your field near the end of the file but before the </Incident> tag. This line contains the name you will use in TSO for your new field. For example, if you want to add the field "new-ticket-id" to your adapter request, add this line:
- Save and close the file.
- Return to the "concepts" folder, open the folder "xsd", and open the file pertaining to your concept.
- If your new field has no maximum length, add a new line for your fear near the end of the file but before the </xsd:sequence> tag. Include the field's datatype in the new line:
If your new field does have a maximum length, add a new section on or about line 771, before the <xsd:element name="association-id" type="xsd:string" /> tag:
<maxLength value="20" />
- Save and close the file.
- Open Development Studio.
- Open the Designer view.
- Expand your OA module and double-click the "configuration" option.
- Expand configuration -> BMC_AR_SYSTEM and click "Update_Mappings"
- Add a new line for your field near the end of the text box but before the </mappings> tag. This line contains the name you will use in TSO and the name of the field in Remedy:
- Save your changes.
- Repeat steps (4) through (6) for any additional mappings you need. For example, if you want to populate your cutom field when you create a record, also update the "Create_Mappings"
Your changes only affect requests you make using Development Studio. To use your changes on your grid, export your module to the Repository and activate it using the TSO Grid Manager web interface