This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
Remedy AR System Server
Smart Reporting Remedy
Smart Reporting SP4
When Smart reporting is connected to a dedicated AR Server with Replicated Database, few users are unable to run reports.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Setup a Dedicated AR server with Read Only Database for Smart Reporting
2. When users login to Smart Reporting and try to run reports, it results in the below error
"ERROR (8790): Unknown system error; org.springframework.transaction.TransactionSystemException: Could not commit JPA transaction; nested exception is javax.persistence.RollbackException: Transaction rolled back because transaction was set to RollbackOnly.".
3. Restarting AR server resolves the issue, but over the time the issue occurs again
Defect SW00548511 or SW00550261
This behavior is seen with AR & Smart Reporting 9.1 SP 04 release and identified as a product defect SW00548511 or SW00550261. It is fixed in 18.08 release and a Hot-fix is available for 9.1 SP 04 patch 2.
1. When the Remedy user login into the AR & Smart Reporting, the server identifies the current logged in user.
2. Server will add the User License information in servgrp_userlic database table.
3. Since the DB is read only it will fail add the User License information, resulting in the Error:8790.
Contact BMC support for the hot-fix prior to 18.08 release.
Note 1: System needs to be on Patch 2 (9.1.04.002) to apply the hot-fix.
Note 2: From 9.1 SP 04, Dedicated AR server is always part of Server Group. The User License Management is different in Standalone and Server Group environment. In standalone AR Server, User session is stored in Server Cache which is In-Memory. In Server Group, the User information is add the in the database and it will be shared among other server instances.