This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
BMC Digital Workplace Advanced
MyIT (all); DWP Advanced/Basic (all until 18.11) NOTE: on 19.02 and beyond you can enable these logs under the admin Console
Steps to collect DWP/UX logs in Debug Mode
Please, follow the below steps:
1.- Go to the Tomcat's external-conf directory.
NOTE: Tomcat version may vary, please make sure to use yours.
- C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat8.0\external-conf\
- Do a search on name="com.bmc.bsm" level="WARN"
- Replace to name="com.bmc.bsm" level="DEBUG"
3.Open the Browser and clear the cache or open up a new incognito-private window
4. Hit F12 on the keyboard
Here's a video if your not familiar with it.
5. Click on Network Tab and Select XHR
6. Reproduce use case/issue
7. Take screenshots/note of the Request Header and Response Header with errors, these will be shown in red/yellow colors, i.e. POST 500 or 404 responses.
NOTE: If you know w how to capture fiddler log, you can do that instead and skip step 4,5 and 7.
Use any tool of your preference. We do not support/recommend any particular tools.
Here's a video for a specif tool. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pTlA3AG4W8
8. Share the dwp/ux logs which were generated while reproducing the issue.
DWP/MyIT - From 18.05 and beyond
- /opt/bmc/DWP/DWP/Logs - Linux
- \Program Files\BMC Software\DWP\DWP\Logs -- Windows
- \Program Files\BMC Software\Smart_IT_MyIT\Smart_IT_MyIT\Logs - Windows
- /opt/bmc/Smart_IT_MyIT/Smart_IT_MyIT/Logs - Linux
9. On DWP 19.02 and beyond, you can enable debug mode, under DWP Admin Console
10.- After you're finish, revert back changes done in Step 2.
Go back to step to and do the opposite.
Edit logback.xml under the above directory
- Do a search on name="com.bmc.bsm" level="DEBUG"
- Replace to name="com.bmc.bsm" level="WARN"