This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
BMC Digital Workplace Advanced
DWP 19.02 and beyond you can enable these logs under the DWP Admin Console
Waht are the steps to collect DWP in Debug Mode?
What are the main DWP Configuration Files?
DWP Main Configuration Files
|server.xml||<tomcat8.5/>conf/||Defines social port, http, https port for DWP. Clustering,session persistence|
|connect-dwp.properties||<tomcat8.5/>external-conf||Enables/Disables Application features: notifications, fts, servergroup, social config,|
|rsso-agent.properties||<tomcat8.5/>external-conf||RSSO Agent Config|
|sso.sdk.properties||<tomcat8.5/>external-conf||ignore tenant setting for RSSO|
|logback-social2.xml||<tomcat8.5/>external-conf||Logging level for Social Troubleshooting|
|logback-dwp.xml||<tomcat8.5/>external-conf||Logging level for DWP Specific Troubleshooting|
|logback.xml||<DWP/DWP/>data-transfer||Logging level for Data transfer Troubleshooting|
|documentation-dwp.xml||<tomcat8.5/>conf/Catalina/localhost/||this can disable session persistance across shutdown/startup|
|download-dwp.xml||<tomcat8.5/>conf/Catalina/localhost/||Mobile Clients download config|
|hosts file||/etc/hosts |
C:\Windows\ System32 \drivers\etc\
|Configurate DNS resolution when no DNS server is in place. |
|web.xml||<tomcat8.5/>conf/||You can add more security settings here and enable session persistence|
|keystore||user defined||This is where DWP cert lives|
|This is where you need to put the DWP C, RSSO, ITSM, SmartIT, etc, certs in order to be able to talk to these apps.|
|social.xml||<tomcat8.5/>/conf/Catalina/localhost||Social Database connection details|
|dwp.xml||<tomcat8.5/>/conf/Catalina/localhost||DWP database connection details|
|Tomcat Logs||<tomcat8.5/>/logs||Start up Issues|
|DWP Logs||<DWPInstallation>/DWP/DWP/logs||Application issues|
DWP - RSSO Configuration Files Checklist. Working with RSSO logging
In these files, you will be able to find the root cause of the issue:
For Tomcat not starting issues/ Tomcat starting but not deploying dwp.xml
- Check localhost.log for SEVERE and Warnings
- Check catalina.out for SEVERE and Warnings
- Check catalina.%date%.log for SEVERE and Warnings
- You can also check social and dwp log files under <DWPInstallation>/DWP/DWP/logs and look for ERROR entries
- Applications using the same port as Tomcat
- DB connectivity issues - dwp and social xml
- Locks on DWP Database
- SSL Configuration
Reproducing user case and collecting logs
1.- On DWP 19.02 and beyond, you can enable debug mode, under DWP Admin Console
After you're finished capturing use case and debug logs, revert back changes done in Step 1. You need to be a MyIT Admin to be able to access this console.
2. Open the Browser and Clear the Cache or open up a new incognito/private window
- Internet Explorer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsfGL4F826g
- Chrome: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxS75EWILNg
- Firefox: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgRaOqinDWY
3. Hit F12 on the keyboard to capture HAR logs.
- Click on Network Tab and Select XHR
Some videos on this
NOTE: If you do know how to capture fiddler log, capture fiddler log instead. If you don't know how, but which to learn, see below:
Here's a video for that specif tool. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pTlA3AG4W8
4. Reproduce use case/issue.Example:
Open up a browser tab. Log onto DWP, request SRM Service, start answering SRD drop down questions, issue occurs.
5. Share the DWP logs which were generated while reproducing the issue.
Logs directory: DWP - From 18.05 and beyond
- /opt/bmc/DWP/DWP/Logs - Linux
- \Program Files\BMC Software\DWP\DWP\Logs -- Windows
You can also get log file from the url - this requires MyIT Admin permissions.
6. - Send the logs to BMC Support while logging a Case.