This document contains official content from the BMC Software Knowledge Base. It is automatically updated when the knowledge article is modified.
TrueSight Capacity Optimization
TrueSight Capacity Optimization 11.3,01, 11.0, 10.7, 10.5, 10.3, 10.0
Problem symptoms include:
- A single ETL Engine scheduler is in UNKNOWN status (but others are working properly)
- It may have been noticed that ETL jobs cannot be scheduled or unscheduled that are running on that ETL Engine
== Possible Workaround ==
The TSCO Datahub's Remote Scheduler Supervisor is what tracks the status of the ETL Engine Server's scheduler.
Restarting the TSCO Scheduler on the ETL Engine Server and the TSCO Datahub may fix the scheduler status:
- Restart the TSCO Scheduler on the ETL Engine Server with the clean startup flag: ./cpit clean scheduler
- Restart the TSCO Datahub on the Application Server: ./cpit restart datahub
== Additional Debugging ==
For the problem where the TSCO Application Server isn't able to see the TSCO ETL Engine Server:
- Log into the TSCO ETL Engine Server via the command line and check if process of scheduler is up and ruuning with command ps -ef | grep scheduler
- Capture the logGrabber output from the TSCO ETL Engine server via the command line loggrabber ($CPITBASE/tools/logGrabber.sh)
- Capture the logGrabber output from the Primary Scheduler AS via the TSCO UI
- Send TSCO Technical Support the logGrabber output from the TSCO Application Server and TSCO ETL Engine.